Thursday 30 August 2018

Shake it Up!

Hi guys this week over at Craftin Desert Diva's we are sharing some fun shaker card inspiration.
I used the new mini Best Friends Stamp set to create this adorable summer themed shaker.


The base is cut out using the Fancy Frame dies and I cut out the oval using the Inside Scalloped Oval Dies. I coloured the oval scallops using a range of yellows blending to oranges. For the inside of the shaker card I used Bristol smooth cardstock and the new landscape hill scene 2 stencil to create a wave like look. 
The floaty girl I also coloured with a range of copics and added some glossy accents to her sunglasses. Make sure to stamp your sentiment as well before you stick your shaker together otherwise it will be difficult to get an even stamp. When you have everything coloured up and stamped you just need to stick everything together I used my atg to attach the inside scallop to the card and then added tape all round the sides so that we can stick our acetate window on. Once the acetate window is added stick foam tape all around the edges making sure to leave no gaps as you sequins will escape. I find it easier to take the tape off the back of the foam tape then add my sequins otherwise I get my fingers stuck and the sequins bounce everywhere! Then it’s just time to stick on the waves that we made. Once you flip it over you have your shaker! 
I finished it off my colouring a base for it with the same orange and yellows we used for the scallop. Then attached it to that and then attached it to my card base and we’re all finished. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment