Thursday 23 August 2018

Obsessed with Oxides


Hi guys today I'm sharing with you my tips on creating a galaxy background with oxide inks. This has to be one of my favourite things to do I love the oxides as they blend so easily. You can also layer the colours over the top of each other but still see the brighter colours underneath.
I started by cutting the Inside Scalloped square out of Bristol Smooth Cardstock I temporarily stuck the frame together using post it tape of you have double sided though this will work too just don't take the tape off the back just yet. I started by doing a base layer of  Carved Pumpkin, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Seedless Preserve like this...
 
 
It really doesn't have to be neat at all. After putting the base colours down I went over the top with Black Soot being careful to leave some bright areas shining through. Then I mixed some perfect pearls with water and splashed it on my card to get that oxidisation look. I felt like it was missing something though so I decided to layer the Swirl stencil with some picket fence distress ink.
 
 
I coloured up the Llama Party Stamp using a range of browns and warm greys adding a little texture so it looks like they have curly fur. When it was time to fussy cut the image I had to cut off the end two llamas as it was too big to fit on my page. I did a little cutting with my craft knife on the tiny gaps between the llamas too.
With the llamas cut out I could see where I needed to stamp out my sentiment I chose to use the celebrate sentiment from the Kindness Stamp set and white heat embossed it. Then added some foam tape to the back of the llamas and attached it to the oxide background. I finished it off with some star sequins. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and I cant wait to see your galaxy backgrounds.
My links are affiliated which means I earn a small amount if you buy through them but that is at no extra cost to you.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment