Friday 9 April 2021

Waffle Flower Creative Challenge





 I'm so, so excited to be joining Waffle Flower for their weekly challenge, the challenge starts on Friday and runs for a week. This weeks theme is all about tiny stamps those ones that tend to be forgotten and putting them to use. I’m joining Arjita and Juhi for this challenge so don’t forget to check out their cards too and show them some love ❤️

If your anything like me I love to pack out my cards with all the images in the set. So that's what I decided to do, I wanted to  show you how to bulk out your card with lots of tiny images to create a super fun feel. 

I love summer and spring and being in the water so my eyes were drawn to the underwater sets.  I have a hard time sticking to one set and I love to mix and match and stretch my stamps and dies as you will soon see. 


So here's my card I hope you like it I had so much fun creating it. I began by cutting out the Under the Sea Panel die but I didn't want the water ripples so I carefully chopped them off. I also cut out the Rainbow Panel die the frame part and the rainbow. I wanted to use the rainbow stripes to create the impression of sunrays through the water. Again I carefully chopped off the strip at the top and the cloud to create clean longer stripes. I created the background using tumbled glass, peacock feathers and faded jeans distress oxide ink. Using the darker colours at the edge and the lighter blue inside the rainbow stripes. I finished it with a spritz of water and then dabbed it off to add some texture and splattered the same colour oxides on the top. 

I cut out another of the underwater sea panels to cut out my rocks and used the frame part to mask off the frame whilst I coloured in my seaweed and sand this helped give a crisp finish. I used mowed lawn and twisted citron for the seaweed  scattered straw for the sand and for the rocks I used Pumice stone and splattered on some hickory smoke. 

Then it was time to stamp out my images I literally just stamped everything out from the Mermaid Mail and Sea Birthday sets. I like to colour in lots of images as once whilst I have my pens out then there's plenty spare for other cards. There wasn't much shading needed as the images are small so it made it really quick and easy. 

After colouring everything in I wanted to make my sentiment to make sure it fit around everything else. To avoid loosing the detail of the rainbow die I stamped my sentiment from the Under the Sea sentiment set onto velum using Staz on ink. I love the velum look you can clearly see the sentiment but it doesn't detract from the stripes of the rays. I just played around with my layout a fair bit before I stuck everything together making sure there was an even fill of images. The tiny stamps are great for adding a little something into areas that are looking a little bare. After finally deciding on my layout I stuck it all together and popped it onto my card base and that was my card finished. 




I hope that you join in the fun and enter the Waffle Tiny stamps challenge, you have until Thursday April 15th to enter so what are you waiting for! You can enter using the hashtag #WFC2104W2 on Instagram, on the Waffle Flower Garden Facebook group page, or on the Link Party over on the Waffle Flower Crafts website. We can't wait to see all of your gorgeous designs.







No comments:

Post a Comment