Tuesday 6 April 2021

Brave Spirit...


Hi everyone hope you have all had a lovely Easter weekend. I have another card to share with you all today. I really had no plan with this one I was just flicking through my stamps for some inspiration and she just called out to me. I'd just got the rose stencil too and it was just looking at me on my desk as though it was meant to be. 

I started by cutting out a stitched square which measures 6x6 and laying on some Worn Lipstick distress oxide ink all over. Once I had a good coverage I spritzed on some water let it sit for a few seconds and dabbed it off. This adds some texture to the ink then once it was dry I could then add the rose stencil. The stencil isn't as big as the square so I centred it as best as I could and went over the top with Festive Berries distress oxide ink. I found the stencil lined up perfectly above and below so I could make it fit to the top and bottom of the square. With the sides I just blended some more of the Festive Berries so it just looks like it fades into the edges. 



I stamped out Love from the Angels of Love and Light collection in memento tuxedo black ink onto Make it Colour Blend it card. I love this paper so much it was recommended by Faye Winn - Jones and its wonderful for blending with Copic markers. For her hair I used my favourite brown combo E31, E33, E35 and E37. I started with the lighter colours and worked my way up to the darker ones just flicking the hair trying to get it to look how it would lay naturally. As you can see I didn't block colour it and there's still some white peeking through. This just helps add that natural look of highlights and shadow. For her T-shirt I used YR07, Y17 and Y08 using the orange to add the shadows at the edges. 
 The wings were coloured simply I started using E40 and E41 but I wanted I felt like it should be a little warmer so added some Y11 and Y21. For her skin I used E31 around the hairline, underneath the chin for the dimple on her chin and a line on her nose. I smoothed this out with E11 and blended into E00 adding some R11 for the cheeks and R11 and R32 for the lips. 




Once and coloured and cut her I realised there was a lot of empty space around the image so I used the next size down square die to cut out a frame. Once this one cut I popped her on some foam tape and stuck her down. Then it was just the sentiment to add which I white heat embossed onto black card cutting the words out individually and popped them straight onto the image so it's just the girl that is popped up. Then I just popped it onto my card base and that was my card finished up. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and card. I just love seeing how everyone brings the images to life in their own style and way as do all the team so keep popping them in the group for all to see!

If you want to see the full collection of Tracy's stamps you can see them in the shop here https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/tracy_easson 💕

1 comment: