Thursday 19 July 2018

Quick Colouring Techniques

Hi guys this weeks theme on the blog is colouring techniques, since it’s the last week of school for my little man I had seven teacher cards and message sticks to make. I know a lot right! So here’s my tips for some quick colouring.
Honestly these didn’t take that long to make up I chose an image that was quite simple with no fiddly little details, it’s also an easy one to fussy cut too which saves a ton of time! I used a production line to prep my cards and message sticks. I began by die cutting all the bases I used post it tape to tape my inside scalloped rectangle and inside scalloped circle dies together so I could easily cut seven identical ones. Then I used the Thanks die from the Thank and Thank You Dies set to cut out 14 thanks dies out of card and fun foam and for the message sticks I cut out 7 of the outline of the thanks die in cardstock and fun foam.
When all the die cutting is done its time to stamp out all the images I used this cute boy dressed as an apple with the worm from the new Fruity Friends Stamp Set alongside the stack of books from the Live, Love Plan set.
I choose to use a simple colouring palette this really helps cut down on time all the reds are the same 3 colours same with the greens. Starting with the reds I coloured all the apples up first using the darkest red on the edges then working my way to the lightest this will add some dimension and shade making it look more 3-D. Then whilst we have to reds out colour up to of the books in each stack the shadow is at the edges its a small area so be careful on how much dark you put down. I use a flicking motion with the tip which helps blend easier. Doing the same with the greens I coloured up the worm, the other two books and the leaf on the apple. Then do the same with the face and hair by colouring the same things all at once as opposed to colouring up the whole image then moving onto the next we save so much time not recapping pens and finding colours again.
The oxide distress inking took no time at all I began by shading all the frames on the rectangle in cracked pistachio alongside the back panels (I cut these out of scrap cardstock)  that fit behind the circle cut out. I also distressed the back panel with a spritz of water.
The last thing to colour up is the thanks diecut I used abandoned coral going heavier on the bottom and lighter towards the top to give it an ombre look.
The first thing I did was foam tape the back of the card making sure I added tape where the cuts were like this...
 
 
Do this to all of the pieces of card then attach them to the cracked pistachio rectangle adding some double sided tape to the back of the rectangle then they are ready to attach to our card bases. I attached the boy, books and worm using more foam tape and stuck the die cut thanks on top of the die cut fun foam thanks then glued them onto the card using ranger multi matte medium. That's the cards all coloured up now its time to make the message sticks I used double sided tape to stick the white background piece to the fun foam piece then a glue pen to stick the thanks die cut on top. Then you just glue these on top of skewers using a glue gun and you can then cut the skewers down to size I used my tiny snips I use to cut my dies apart.
Thanks again for taking the time to read my blog its much appreciated and I will catch you next time!
 
 
Here you can find a link to all the Craftin Desert Divas product I used. I am affiliated with them so if you do buy anything through my links I do earn a small amount but that's at no extra charge to you.
 
http://craftindesertdivas.com?aff=18
I'm proud to be part of the Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment