Thursday 5 July 2018

Creating a Birthday Card Stash

Hi guys this week we are sharing tips on how to make quick birthday cards for your stash. I think this card has to be one of the quickest I've ever made and you can easily switch the colours and dancing critter stamp to make them all a little different.

I started by creating a background on Bristol smooth cardstock using Seedless preserve and Picked Raspberry oxide inks. I blended in stripes diagonally and then spritzed with water to give it some added texture finishing off with splatting a mix of perfect pearls and water.
I then cut out a base using the Fancy Frame Dies and cut out a circle just off centre using the Inside Scalloped Circle Dies. I used the Twinkle Toes Stamp set for my image and sentiment, the Dance and Twirl Birthday Girl worked perfect around the circle. I chose to colour up the elephant stamp but any of the animals would work as well. The ostrich would look great with a bright yellow and orange background!
To add some extra dimension I added some foam tape on the back of the base of the card remembering to get the join where the circle die cut out the fancy scallops then it’s ready to mount. 
I mounted it on grey sporty paper and then straight into my base of my card and it’s finished! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial for today.
 
Links are affiliated which means I will earn some extra from CDD if you purchase products from these links however this is at no extra cost to you.
 

5 comments: