Tuesday 12 June 2018

Summer Holiday Cards

Hi Guys it's Design Team member Natalie here and I'm going to show you how to make this cute summer unicorn card.
 
 
We are going to start by cutting out the base rectangle using the crazy stitched frame dies, next I took out the die again and drew round the inside of the frame. Using these lines I took my ruler and craft knife and cut out the rectangle in the middle. We are going to use this inner rectangle to create our scene. Using the small wave die from the Ocean Borders Die set we are going to cut out two sets of waves the top one around 1/3 of the way down and the second one just a little lower. Putting these aside we are going to cut a sun out from the top portion using the small circle from the Stitched In Circle Dies.
You should end up with something that looks like this...
 
Then its time to colour in our background using oxide inks I used salty ocean for the waves. I inked them up separately so I could leave the top of the waves white this will add definition between the two and will give the impression of sea foam. The sun was inked with carved pumpkin and the sun rays with squeezed lemonade alongside the Bright Horizons Stencil. You just have line your stencil as shown and for the other side flip your stencil over.
 

 
That fabulous Unicorn is part of the Summer Vibin Stamp set I used the same colours I used in the background and added some pink and green to the mix. The citrus colours make for a great summer card.
Now that everything is coloured up its time to stick it all together including putting it back into the frame. I made sure to add double tape to all the cuts so they were nice and secure. Then stuck it onto a base card. 
The last few things to add were the sentiment which I inked in black and highlighted with a white gel pen. The last touch to add was a bit of Wink of Stella to add some shimmer and sparkle I added it to the unicorns mane and tail and to the whites of the waves. I hope you like my card and I can't wait to see your Summer Holiday Cards!
 
 
 
 
 
Crazy Stitched Frame Dies

Salty Ocean Oxide Inks

Carved Pumpkin

Squeezed Lemonade Oxide Ink

Bright Horizons Stencil

Ocean Border Dies
 
Stitched In Circle Dies
 
 
Summer Vibin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment