Saturday 11 September 2021

Have a Howling Good Day!



Happy Saturday Teatimers! So release day came did you get anything? What's your favourite product? 
As usual Jo has rocked it with this release there's cute critters, a fab new standalone die which I've used so much! Then who doesn't love coffee products!
As soon as I saw the cute Dog Gone Mutts Stamp set I knew I had to create a cute scene card with a white picket fence and the red dog kennel. 
I stamped out all the critters, accessories and the sentiment and set them aside then began to work on my card base. I used the middle sized Slimline Scalloped Nesting Dies to cut out the card base. I cut it twice out of 360gsm white card stock and on the back one scored a line one scallop down all the way across the top to create the fold for the card and taped it using strong double sided tape. 
For the scene part I used the rectangle from the Slimline Postage Stamp Frame Dies but it was a tad too long so I just chopped off about 5mm's off the edge. I ink blended this with Tumbled Glass and hint Chipped Sapphire around the edges to darken it up a little. I also added a few Chipped Sapphire splatters for a little bit of interest. The grass I cut another rectangle out and used the Landscape Edge Standalone Die I just had to cut half and then line it up to cut the other half as they aren't quite long enough. I did this twice and then inked them up using Twisted Citron and Mowed Grass Distress oxides. Then for the last part of the background I used the clouds and Picket Fence from the Windmill add on die set. I just cut them from white card stock and left as is. 
When I'm colouring I try not to use too many colours so it's not too hectic so used a range of browns and warm greys for the dogs. Then used the same brown for the wood on the kennel and a warm red for the rest of it and pop of yellow for the ball. I like how the final colouring turned out and I didn't need loads of colours to get them all looking different apart from two of the dogs but they aren't next to each other so I think it works ok. 
Once they were all coloured and die cut I just stuck everything together as the grass was a bit longer than the sky panel I just flipped it over once it was stuck and used the edge to guide my scissors. 
I love the final look of the card and I hope you do too! If you haven't treated yourselves yet you can get 10% off in the shop using code T4TNATALIE10. 
Hope you have a great weekend and I will see you again next week. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment