Saturday 13 March 2021

Brave Spirit...

 



Hello Lovelies I hope your all well, its my first blog post as official design team member for Tracy and my first ever step by step tutorial so no pressure lol!

The Angels of Love and Light are so beautiful and I particularly love Believe she just looks so serene and peaceful. I've been wanting to colour her up as though she is floating away in a bath full of bubbles since I first saw her, so it was great to finally put pen to paper.


I began by creating my background I cut out a piece of 360gsm cardstock using a slimline die. Then blended Squeezed Lemonade, Kitsch Flamingo, Wilted Violet and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxides on there. There was no method to it I just tried to get an even amount of colours on there. Once I had an even coverage I used some clean water to spritz on top then left it for a couple of seconds before dabbing it off. The ink will react with the water and the colour will lift off. I finished the background off splattering each off the colours onto the card. I just love the texture it gives the background but its still really subtle.



The next step was to colour up my girl there I used E31, E34 and E35 on her hair I didn't end up using the E37 in the end as I decided to go for lighter hair. I flicked the darker colours at the edges and went lighter in the middle to add a highlight. Using the flicking technique helps get the texture of hair and adds some depth. For the skin I used E31, E55 and  E51  I added the darker of the colours to the hairline and cheekbones, a little spot under the nose and for the dimple of the chin. Then blended it out think about it like your contouring your make up to help where to put the shading. Once the colouring was done I fussy cut her out. 



Laying her on my card I could see how many layers of bubbles I needed, I coloured them in the same shades as I did the background. Again there was no method I just kept the pink, yellow and purple on one side and then the blue all over. 


Once all the bubbles were coloured up I could stick everything down. I layered one set of the bubbles over the girl and the rest underneath. Once they were stuck I flipped the card over and chopped off the edges so that it all lined up neatly. Then the extra ones I carefully cut and stuck randomly towards the top of my image after stamping my sentiment. I finished the top panel off by adding some more smaller bubbles using a white Gelly roll pen and adding some glitter with a clear wink of stella brush pen. I mounted it on white cardstock that I cut using the larger slimline die out of the set using white fun foam to add some depth. 
I hope you liked my first project and I cant wait to see all of your creations.




 

2 comments:

  1. So so beautiful Natalie...just breathing and being in the moment surrounded by bubbles floating away...thank you Natalie 😍🥰😍🥰😍🥰😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the bubbles are so beautiful too xxx

    ReplyDelete