Saturday 20 February 2016

Patience and Perseverance...

Sometimes patience and perseverance are the key...

Have you noticed that you watch you tube and see all these great crafting videos and they just make it look so easy! It all just looks so natural everything is so well laid out they have their composition figured out straight away and your wondering why isn't it like that for me. I have been crafting for four years now and its definitely gotten a lot easier especially after I found the type of card and stamps I prefer to use, but this card was one of those cards that just weren't happening straight away. It took four attempts to get there, its not perfect and there will probably be a fifth but I don't hate it!

Souper Hero

This is the finished card and boy did it take a lot of hard work it all started with the soup can and I wanted to make him into a souper hero! My first attempt I really wanted to finish it and the colouring and distress inks just looked messy and it just wasn't working.
As you can see the first attempt just looks really rough the colours aren't very clean and bright and the stuck on speech bubbles just wasn't working. It just didn't feel like a proper comic strip it needed to be a flat image. So I started again but messed up the layouts on the second and third cards. The final image looks so much cleaner being a flat image just like an actual comic book I still think the layout could be improved the jail bars make it have lots of harsh black lines on the left hand side where the top right hand corner is quite bare. I am super critical of my work though but that's a good thing right it only helps us improve?!? So as you can see it doesn't always happen first time but it does get there in the end and its great to see the improvements everytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment