Friday 12 February 2016

I've been having so much fun with the heart of heart die from +CraftinDesertDivas it really is so versatile. I've already made three cards using the die in completely different ways.
This is the first card I made I cut the the die out on a piece of card to use a stencil on my card and used Tim Holtz distress inks to make the ombré heart. I then added the sweet narwhal coloured with pro markers and stamped the sentiment again using Tim Holtz inks and for the finishing touch added a few sequins.
After finishing the card I noticed how pretty the stencil looked, it seemed a shame to waste it so I cut around the heart shape to make the start of a shaker card. I wanted to keep the shaker part see thorough so there was a lot of faffing to get everything all lined up perfectly but it was defiantly worth it in the end the inside looks so pretty 

The Theo's card I made was my fist thought when I saw the die and I used a technique I had seen in one of Nichol Magouriks videos called inlaid die cutting. So where it looks like it could be an absolute nightmare to put back together again it was one the quickest cards I have ever made but still so effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment